Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Halo Reach ranks: my opinion

  
       Halo reach has added a new system for leveling and for buying armor upgrades for style points. The system in general looks and sounds great but when you get to the details it gets a little less promising. The first problem i am seeing is that the ranks take way to much time to achieve unless you are farming for credits and having no fun. Then the next problem happens, why do i even want to level? Just for some new helmet or a piece of armor that doesn't help me at all in the game? That is just not that great of a reason to want to level in the game. Specially when you need over 100,000 credits for some further ranks. The system is flawed in this way. Maybe if you could level faster to feel gratified by leveling, instead of farming, or have you unlock useful things to help change the game. 
     
     Now i am in no way a hater of halo i have been playing since Halo combat evolved. I love the series from Bungie and in my opinion they had it right with Halo 2. It was an amazing game, and the leveling just felt more gratifying and more fun to me. Halo 3 it kept the same leveling style and was also great. The main upside of the new system is that its fresh. I hope that the next halo title, which will be made by a new developer, improves the system. I wont stop playing halo as the best upside of reach is in the gameplay. The gameplay is what saves it for me and keeps me coming back but i definitely don't come back to see that I am the same rank for a week.

Whats your opinion on Halo Reach ranks and leveling?

No comments:

Post a Comment